In December 2016 12 substances of very high concern (SVHC) were proposed by EU member states to added to REACH’s Authorisation List, Annex XIV. This would bring the from 31 to 43.
These substances include:
- 1-bromopropane (n-propyl bromide)
- 1,2-benzenedicarboxylic acid di-C6-8-branched alkyl esters C7-rich
- 1,2-benzenedicarboxylic acid, di-C7-11-branched and linear alkyl esters
- 1,2-benzenedicarboxylic acid, dipentylester, branched and linear
- bis(2-methoxyethyl) phthalate
- anthracene oil
- pitch, coal tar, high temperature
- 4-(1,1,3,3-tetramethylbutyl)phenol, ethoxylated
- 4-nonylphenol, branched and linear, ethoxylated
Once substance, 1-bromopropane (n-propyl bromide), should be noted to the electronics industry as it is used in the manufacturing of electrical and electronic equipment.
For a list of substances on the REACH Authorisation List and sunset dates, visit ECHA at: https://echa.europa.eu/addressing-chemicals-of-concern/authorisation/recommendation-for-inclusion-in-the-authorisation-list/authorisation-list